- Installing Kinect on Windows is more difficult than on Linux.
- The proper order and places to install things are discussed in a Google Groups thread.
- The Kinect driver can be installed from the SensorKinect project.
- To use the PrimeSense NITE algorithm, OpenNI, Sensor, and NITE need to be installed in that order.
- The NiViewer sample should be run to ensure depth and image streams are working.
It turns out getting the Kinect installed on Windows is more difficult than Linux.Here is the link to a discussion about how to install things in the proper order and from the proper places.
You install the Kinect driver from the SensorKinect project. Follow the instructions in the readme:
PrimeSense NITE algorithm: