- Software interviews are broken.
- A good write-up on other suggestions for interviews can be found at http://techcrunch.com/2011/05/07/why-the-new-guy-cant-code/.
- The best suggestion is to not interview anyone who hasn't accomplished anything.
- Certificates and degrees are not accomplishments.
- Real-world projects with real-world users are considered as accomplishments.
I have written quite a bit about how broken software interviews are. I found a good write up on other suggestions for interviews. I think the best suggestion is:
Let me offer a humble proposal: don’t interview anyone who hasn’t accomplished anything. Ever. Certificates and degrees are not accomplishments; I mean real-world projects with real-world users.