Learn How to Switch Careers to Big Data
This Free, 79 Page E-Book is the Complete Guide to Successfully Switching Careers
Which technologies and skills do you need to know if you’re going to get into Big Data? Where should you start? How long does it take and how difficult is it? Should you learn MapReduce or Spark? There are so many technologies, skills, and options in Big Data. You need someone to guide you through the process. Ideally that person would:
- Be a recognized expert on the subject
- Have dealt extensively with others in your situation
- Helped others switch their careers to Big Data
One of the finest trainers in Big DataBen Lorica
Jesse has explained with Legos how […] Spark works. He’s done some great YouTube videos to introduce the concepts. I suggest you all go look at them.Doug Cutting
I’m recognized in the industry as one of the best Big Data instructor. I’ve taught thousands of students Big Data technologies and facilitated their career switch to Big Data. I’ve written a book to guide you through making that switch too. It is a free, 79 page eBook called The Ultimate Guide to Switching Careers to Big Data.
The book draws on my 6+ years of teaching Big Data technologies to people in your exact situation. You’re looking everywhere for a book that answers all of your questions on how to switch careers and get into Big Data. This is the only book that tells you how to make the change.
I don’t take word ultimate in the title lightly. I sought to create the most comprehensive book on the subject. I went back through every email, thought back to every question in a class, and went through every online question I could find. I wanted the book to answer each and every one of these questions.
Next, I searched for people in your exact situation and asked them to read the book. I verified that it not only answered their initial questions, but answered the question they didn’t know to ask. A few of their questions weren’t answered in the book. I went back and added those answers. If you have a question that is relevant and isn’t covered in the book, I will answer your question and add it to the book.
Take a look at what people in the same situation as you said about the book:
I was skeptical at first when I saw the word “ultimate”. However, I think when you immediately present why this is considered an ultimate guide and after reading the book, the title works very well.
I really like how well organized and detailed the book is without being overwhelming.Kasie J.
Ok, so I just finished reading your book. I thought it will take me a day or two by reading 30 pages a day, but the more I read the more interesting it got. It has shown me different aspects of Big Data and Data Engineering.Biahos A.
It’s very no-nonsense and direct. People can see from the book exactly what they can expect and they’ll appreciate that.Vaughn S.
I like how your recommendations are backed by your experience – e.g. when discussing languages to learn, you mention how most work happens.Johnny G.
I can tell you that it opened my eyes.Wojtek B.
Here is what you’ll learn inThe Ultimate Guide to Switching Careers to Big Data
- What is Big Data and why does that matter? (Chapter 1)
- What are the benefits to you of getting into Big Data? (Chapter 2)
- What is a Data Engineer? (Chapter 3)
- Which technologies do I recommend you learn? (Chapter 6)
- What specific skills and technologies do Software Engineers, Managers, Data Analysts, DBAs, and Operations roles need? (Chapter 5)
- How long will it take for you to learn Big Data? (Chapter 4)
- How can you switch careers without any previous Big Data experience? (Chapter 7)
- What does someone who is retooling a career need to do? (Chapter 5)
- Is Big Data going to last? (Chapter 4)
- What are the key questions you should answer before starting your career switch? (Chapter 8)
- What is a data engineering team? (Chapter 3)
- Should you get certified as part of your career switch? (Chapter 7)
- What is the difference between a Data Engineer and a Data Scientist? (Chapter 3)
- Why is Big Data more complicated than small data? (Chapter 4)
- Can you switch careers at your current organization, without a degree, and in your country? (Chapter 6)
- Why are personal projects absolutely crucial to switching careers? (Chapter 7)
- What is the checklist of items you should know and answer before starting your career switch? (Chapter 8)
- What does someone who is right out of school need to do? (Chapter 5)
- Which industries are using Big Data technologies right now and how are they using using it? (Chapter 2)